Employee must set up, fit and weld metal components of various thicknesses to specified dimensions on moderately complex jobs by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Requirements
Assure that all products are built to the highest standard of quality. This employee must work well with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency. Individual must learn to operate various pieces of material handling and production equipment. This position requires one of the following: previous GMAW production welding experience, welding degree, welding diploma, or welding certificate. Applicants are required to complete a pre-employment weld test. If hired, on the job training will be conducted; following, individuals will be required to pass 2G and 3F GMAW qualification tests. Overtime hours and Saturdays will be required.
Main Job Duties
- Obtain components from bill of materials
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Accurately read a tape measure (nearest 1/32”)
- Fit components together according to print specifications
- Prepare weld joints as required
- Maintain specified welding parameters, position, stick-out, work and travel angles
- Welds must meet AWS D1.1 visual inspection criteria requirements
Standing, bending, pushing, kneeling and pulling up to 75 pounds with two hands is required. Individuals must follow all company safety rules and policies. The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
Or call: Ph: 641-892-4222 ext 308
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for applying with Sukup Manufacturing Company.
Those individuals that are selected for the interview process will be contacted directly.
View page here: https://www.sukup.com/Employment/4444/Machinist