We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Machine Operator – Ames, IA (1900167)
We’re looking for a Machine Operator responsible to assist in the execution of daily production schedule. This will include: ensuring a safe working environment, monitoring product quality, packaging of finished product, raw material transportation and 5S projects.
Your responsibilities would also include:
- Operate various filling and packaging equipment including liquid fillers and form-fill and seal machines.
- Follow mix ticket instructions to accurately weigh and add raw materials to batches.
- Follow instructions on fill tickets when packaging product.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products, completing all finished good quality checks as required on batch ticket.
- Provide direction to assigned team.
- Record necessary data on all batch tickets.
- Comply with all safety regulations; maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Continually maintain plant and work environment for cleanliness and organization.
- Notify a supervisor when an issue arises (ie: intermediate or finished good quality, personnel conflicts, equipment issues, etc.)
- Operate forklifts as required (certification course required).
- Participation on various teams (ISO internal Audit, IDQC, NCM, etc)
- Must be able to meet essential skills of the job per a skills-based assessment
- Must be able to meet the essential functions of the job per a physical examination
- Other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Any manufacturing experience is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.