We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Warehouse Worker (1805250) – Ames, Iowa
We’re looking for a Warehouse Worker responsible for primarily supporting the warehouse operations of the facility, under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Unload incoming goods with a forklift in compliance with ISO and OSHA quality and safety procedures as needed and/or assigned.
- Inspect incoming materials to meet designated requirements, ensure that un-inspected material remains isolated in the staging area until proper inspection is performed and recorded on paperwork.
- Confer and correspond with supervisor to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and non-conformance to specifications.
- Process data (paper and electronic) in SAP production software system for material identification and accuracy count as well as matching up with internal pack slips and purchase orders.
Production Line Support:
- Deliver and Return materials to and from work stations
- Transfer finished goods from production line to warehouse. Record finished goods transfer data in SAP.
- Assist production line with manufacturing processes.
- Prepare customer order
- Pick orders with a forklift, stage, label, and shrink-wrap finished goods
- Load shipments on common carrier, truck load and other modes of transportation.
- Prepare and process shipping documents: Slips, Bills of lading, etc.
- Ensure product quality prior to shipping.
- Coordinate deliveries and pickups with carriers for before/after hour shipments.
Safety and Cleanliness:
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures and objectives, continuously quality improvement objectives and safety.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and upkeep of the warehouse including packaging, raw material, finished goods, and exterior areas.
- Implement 5’s in Shipping/Receiving department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 years of experience working in a warehouse environment
- 1 year of forklift experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to meet essential skills of the job per a skills-based assessment
- Must be able to meet the essential functions of the job per a physical examination
- SAP knowledge preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.