We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!Procurement Manager (1900690) – Ames, IAWhere the Chemistry HappensWe are seeking a procurement professional like you to lead the supply sourcing strategies for a defined portfolio of materials. You will utilize your skills to provide reliable and cost-efficient sourcing of key materials through relationship management, negotiation and dispute resolution.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Supporting the development of supply strategies for the North American region, you will work closely with the business unit and the Procurement network to develop and implement sourcing strategies for products related to this portfolio.
- Demonstrating your skills in contract negotiations, you will lead and manage the sourcing process (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) for key strategic contracts and highly complex negotiations to ensure the most competitive supply advantage for BASF.
- Leveraging your education in Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain, or a related field combined with your professional experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering/Operations and/or Sales and Marketing, you will provide relationship management for key suppliers, which will include monitoring performance metrics, resolving claims and/or disputes, market intelligence, and other contributing factors affecting supply availability and pricing of products procured.
- Your proficiency in market knowledge will serve you well as you conduct market intelligence research by interacting with key suppliers, industry associations, and internal stakeholders to collect industry relevant information and rationalizing to assess impact current and future to BASF.
- Being team-oriented and capable of working in a multi-task environment will be a valued asset as you support the purchase order creation and processing as appropriate.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will work with all areas of BASF (Operations, Engineering, Accounting, EHS, Tax, etc.) and all levels of BASF, both global and regional.
- Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills will be essential as you work with a wide range of suppliers and multiple levels within the supplier’s organization to meet the needs of BASF.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer YouAdding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.