At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Transportation BIM Designer, we’ll count on you to:• With occasional assistance from your supervisor or others, produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs by hand or using computer-aided design software
• Perform other duties as needed
• Associate or technical school degree, or combination of education and relevant experience
• Requires good working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads, LDD, construction documents and technical knowledge
• Knowledge and training using AutoCAD, MicroStation and GEOPAK
• Microsoft Office skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Associate degree in Civil Engineering Technology preferred
• Local candidates preferred
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids
Other Locations: United States-Iowa-Des Moines, United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Industry: Highway + Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jan 28, 2019
View page here: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl