At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Traffic EIT, we’ll count on you to:• Work as part of a traffic team under the direction of the Project Engineer/Manager on a variety of traffic forecasting, analysis and design needs for a variety of transportation projects
• Conduct operational traffic analysis using a variety of modeling tools, ranging from highway capacity software to complex micro simulation models; analyze everything from isolated intersections and roundabouts to urban arterials and freeway segments
• Focus on traffic design, including accident analysis and mitigation strategies, signing, striping, traffic signals, lighting, and Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS), including real-time traffic information, adaptive signal control, closed circuit television (CCTV), and variable message signs (VMS)
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• EIT preferred. Candidates hired without their EIT will have the title of “Traffic Coordinator” and will be expected to obtain their EIT for career progression
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to multitask while working on many projects at once
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office, Synchro/Sim Traffic, HCS, AutoCAD and MicroStation preferred.
• Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Other Locations: United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids, United States-Iowa-Des Moines, United States-Iowa-Council Bluffs
Industry: Highway + Road
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2019
View page here: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl