The Tech, Quality Assurance position is available at our Animal Health facility in Ames, Iowa. The Ames facility is expanding operations to manufacture vaccines for large and companion animals. The site leverages its dynamic, innovative team and a novel technology platform for the production of RNA-based vaccines.
Our Quality Assurance group ensures every single material inside our products is manufactured, processed, tested, packaged, stored and distributed aligned with our incredibly high standards of quality and meets all regulatory requirements. Partnering across our internal manufacturing facilities, external contract manufacturers and suppliers we create an interdependent global manufacturing network committed to deliver a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.Technician, Quality Assurance
- Perform Quality Assurance duties in support of the production of veterinary biological vaccines
- Assist in maintaining company documents, product samples, or related information subject to review by the USDA
- Perform various auditing functions, to include documentation audits and act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert (SME) on project teams
- This position should have a good understanding of production, Quality Control (QC) processes as well as United States Drug Administration (USDA) compliance
- The individual should be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Education Minimum Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent with 5 years relevant work experience – OR – Bachelor degree in related field
- Two years of experience in a quality or auditing related setting
Required Experience and Skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to effectively follow Standard Operating Procedures and other procedural guidelines
- Strong computer skills with excellent communication and writing skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of colleagues between multiple departments
- Ability to work independently and effectively with peers; display strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Current Good (anything) Practices (GXP) experience or training
- Ability to successfully assume/complete additional responsibilities with little supervision
- Ability to provide input on process related issues with a solid scientific foundation
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st – Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: 1
View page here