The Technical Writer – Education Services will be responsible for creating training documentation and curriculum for all new courses on Workiva products and for updating the documentation and curriculum as new versions are released. The person in this position will be responsible for working with subject matter experts (Trainers, Product Consultants, Developers, Program Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) to develop technical content. You will work with the Education team to create a complete list of all topics/ courses to be covered and create a set of suggested materials.
- Author and edit instructional content for all types of training documentation including; job aids, classroom handouts, digital documents, printed documents, Quick Start Guides, User Manuals, eLearning scripts and online attachments, documents, printed documents, Quick Start Guides, and User Manuals.
- Review and edit content authored by others; mentor others to assist in generating Training materials.
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Development, Solution Architects and others to obtain and verify technical content.
- Create screenshots and diagrams as necessary to explain technical concepts.
- Collaborate with members of the training team to execute overall content strategy.
- Serve as a steward of the curriculum materials.
- Migrate existing content into new tools and formats as needed, update existing content for new versions, and maintain archive versions of all content.
- Communicate technical information to product stakeholders – work with internal and external stakeholders throughout the systems development life cycle to write and edit content for Workiva products.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to explore new approaches that will provide the best training support to users.
- Produce clear and accurate written technical material for products, features, and processes.
- Create instructional materials that increases user engagement and encourages users to try new products and features while maintaining consistency across variable content sources.
- Assist internal teams with technical writing requests as needed.
- 5+ years experience in technical writing for Education and Instructional content
- 2+ years prior experience writing about software.
- Portfolio of technical writing examples, preferably in the context of training.
- B.S. or M.S. in English, journalism, technical writing, psychology, human-computer interaction or a related field preferred
- Superior writing and computer skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage versions and revisions across multiple curriculum projects.
- Ability to create globalized content to industry and company standards.
- May require travel 25% of the time to participate in customer research or travel to other office locations.
View page here