Requisition ID: 16225
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The Autonomy & Mission Engineering Solutions (AMES) Department within Collins Aerospace Mission Systems Engineering is seeking a systems engineering intern to help execute technical scope as a member of the platform systems team. An intern in this position will work closely with a team of engineers within one or more of the following areas. Opportunities include image/video processing scope related to the Remote Vision System utilized on the Air Force’s KC-46 tanker platform as well as opportunities to execute integration and test scope related to a Command and Control datalink utilized on a NASA Unmanned Aerial Vehicle platform.
This systems engineer intern would be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for development, debugging, integrating and testing hardware / software capabilities related to the opportunities described. This systems engineer intern would join our Unmanned Platform Systems Team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Systems Engineering Intern tasks may include (All under supervision and mentorship): assisting with technical trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, creating integration and test procedures, testing of hardware components, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports found during testing, providing written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team and providing suggestions for problem trouble report resolution.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Strong academic record and interest in research, must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel, is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team composed of professionals from several disciplines (engineering, program management, senior leadership) and must have the ability to function well, both alone and with others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior technical internships or co-ops desired, but not required.
- Experience with imaging sensor hardware (e.g. cameras) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with image processing software (MATLAB, ImageJ) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with requirements programs (DOORS and/or JAMA) is desired, but not required.
- Experience with issue tracking databases (JIRA) is desired, but not required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.