You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do MoreTM.
The Mobile Developer Intern participates in the design, development, testing, deployment and support of mobile customer facing solutions. This role works directly with several departments to meet their specific programming requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Help develop high performance Android or iOS platform mobile solutions. This includes conceptualize, design, develop, test and deploy apps. Assist other developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
3. Maintain and enhance existing apps as requested. Create and maintain all necessary apps and program documentation.
4. Preserve the integrity of company, customer, and dealer data. Maximize the efficiency and resources of all computer systems through effective program development techniques including testing and debugging and through effective programming design features such as editing, security and auditing controls.
5. Keep up to date on new emerging technologies and identify the applicability of these technologies to improve mobile solution offerings. Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
6. Promote best practices, guidelines, and standards.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Experience with Agile development process and continuous integration.
– Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving ability.
– Increase knowledge in the area(s) of programming languages and databases.
– Demonstration of strong organizational skills.
– Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
– Ability to provide accurate, professional and error-free documents on a timely basis.
– Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Understanding of data security and security related best practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.