At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
You could be a great fit for our Mission Systems (MS) Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Mission Systems (MS) is looking for a Co-Op to support its Supply Quality Assurance Strategy and Integration team. This team supports the efforts of the broader MS Supplier Quality Assurance organization. The teams focus will be on integration, project management, process improvement, and contractor management.
Looking for a highly motivated individual to fulfill an opening as a Co-Op in our Mission Systems Supply Quality – Strategy and Integration organization. Candidates must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills and an overall strong quality focus. They must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established quality and delivery goals.
Supplier Quality Engineering can involve working with our supplier partners to investigate and correct supplier quality issues and establish a culture of continuous improvement. The goal is to create a trusting relationship with an emphasis on removing waste and variability from processes in MS sites, aiding suppliers in reducing their costs, and improving the suppliers’ quality and delivery. Candidate should also have the knowledge in lean and lean techniques with an ability to work with suppliers, supply base, and MS sites on operational and quality improvement.
- Provide evaluations of internal site level supplier quality processes and recommend/implement improvement initiatives
- Support analysis of organizational performance and strategic efforts for continuous improvement
- Lead performance management by analyzing Supplier performance data, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving actions on supplier development
- Proactive reduction and prevention of supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims
- Leading cross-functional teams in pursuit of performance improvements aligned to department and organizational goals
- Preventing/Minimizing business impact from supplied material defects; supplier quality risk mitigation
- Submitting, reviewing, coaching, accepting supplier corrective action requests
- Lead on-site supplier engagements, including performance reviews, process walks and Quality System audits
- Lead on-site events with internal SQE representatives from MS locations
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Provide project management guidance and support to projects and processes
- Exercise independent judgment methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Leadership within supplied material performance organizational strategies and development / enhancement of Supplier Quality standard work
- Influence supplier selection
- Collaboration with Strategy & Integration team on projects/activities as required
- 30-40% Travel on average
Candidates should possess experience in Supplier Management, Quality Management Systems Continual Improvement Experience, Data Analysis, and possess strong Excel skills.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
US Citizenship required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here