We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Supply Chain Specialist – Ames, IA (1903189)
This position is responsible for accurately reporting production inputs, outputs, and related run activities into the SAP ERP System, while recognizing discrepancies and actively communicating with necessary production and warehouse employees to resolve issues. Additional tasks to accommodate this process include tracking batch ticket data, electronically maintaining the batch tickets, and technically completing the batch tickets in SAP. The Supply Chain Specialist is also responsible for creating a master/finite production plan for specific P&SS products. Other duties include: assisting in Production FMMs, product change requests, action items, monthly reporting, maintaining SOP documents, departmental projects as assigned, providing backup assistance to the purchasing and shipping departments as needed, and participating as the minute taker for several different teams.
- Batch ticket reporting into SAP, checking cost variances, transferring to correct WM location, and verifying the quantity and location.
- P&SS Planning – Plan production for specific P&SS products
- Pulling data from the batch tickets for calculation of set up/run/clean up times and putting into necessary spreadsheets.
- Technically completing the batch tickets at the end of each day.
- Maintain electronic batch tickets as they’re scanned in daily.
- SOP document control: upload and edit documents when needed.
- Product change requests, action items, and monthly reports as needed.
- Pulling necessary information needed for Production FMMs.
- Departmental projects and backup assistance as needed.
- Progressive, positive work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will use critical thinking skills- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Will need time management/project management skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Solid interpersonal skills, team player, no job too large or too small
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of experience in a Supply Chain or manufacturing role.
- 3 years of administrative or customer service experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Production/Operations Management, or related field preferred.
- Production Agriculture experience preferred.
- SAP experience or use of similar manufacturing programs preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
View page here