At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
Looking for a highly motivated individual to fulfill an opening as a Supplier Quality Engineer Intern in our Mission Systems’ organization with a focus on Mechanical and/or Electrical supplier commodities. This role will expose candidates to experiences in Supplier Management, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Root Cause and Corrective Action, Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis, Specification Review, Inspection Methods, and a general understanding of GD&T as well as Project Management. Candidates must have solid communication, organizational and time management skills and should have an overall strong quality focus. They must be able to work within cross-functional teams and contribute to improving established quality and delivery goals.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Work within a team to focus on improving supplier quality performance by analyzing performance data, identifying opportunities for improvement and coordinating actions on supplier development
- Respond to supplied material defect occurrences and verification of supplied material defect claims with goal of proactive reduction and prevention
- Participate in cross-functional teams in pursuit of performance improvements aligned to department and organizational goals
- Submitting and reviewing supplier corrective action requests
- Participate in developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
- Provide project management support to projects and processes
- Basic Qualifications:
- Candidates for this role should be pursuing a STEM Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Mechanical, electrical, aerospace or industrial engineering.
- US Citizenship required
- Solid interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and influence at various levels within an organization
- Solid presentation skills – able to analyze, prepare, and deliver presentations to leadership
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here