Our Sourcing team partner with the business to ensure efficient acquisition of goods and services that enables the commercialization of our medicines, vaccines and Animal Health products. We collaborate internationally and are grouped into center-led categories and regional operating teams.
Responsible for serving as a primary point of contact for high risk and escalated suppliers for Animal Health Division sites and occasional support for Human Health Division sites. Will support the Raw Materials category while assisting four other categories (i.e. Primary Packaging, Secondary Packaging, Glass, and Product Contact Components).
Responsible for implementing procedures and best practices supporting our Company’s Supplier Development & Performance Management (SD & PM) organization, under the direction of the SD & PM Associate Director. The incumbent will exercise leadership in monitoring and maintaining supplier compliance with worldwide regulatory requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), MMD Human Health Quality Manual, Animal Health Quality Manual, Quality Management Systems (QMS), and pertinent legal and/or business contract requirements. Key responsibilities include leading supplier deviation investigations, upskilling suppliers for Quality, Compliance and Regulatory improvements, and interfacing with company sites. The incumbent will assist the SD & PM Associate Director in driving completion of Supplier Improvement Plans with suppliers and interfacing with company site Operations, Quality, Planning, Global Procurement and Global Technology Operations colleagues.
The incumbent will possess Analytical, Scientific, Technical, Manufacturing, and/or Quality experience in order to effectively administer and control Quality and Technical programs and projects needed to manage suppliers.
Primary Roles include, but are not limited to:
- Travels up to 50% of the time, to and from supplier sites and company sites within the region
- Serves as a primary point of contact to company sites and suppliers in the region
- Assigned to the Raw Materials category, but will provide support to all of the categories, as needed
- Responsible for coordination, oversight and communication on matters related to the regulatory or ISO status with the suppliers. Must understand worldwide regulatory requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Acts as a liaison between suppliers and internal company site personnel
- Travels to and from supplier locations to resolve Manufacturing, Quality, Technical and supply issues and investigations, as well as facilitates overall Quality improvements to proactively prevent supplier issues. Utilizes enhanced problem-solving skills to determine true root cause and development of irreversible corrective actions
- Develops and executes Supplier Improvement Plans (SIPs)
- Coordinates, communicates and oversees general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and upskilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services
- Provides efficient and effective solutions and Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to suppliers and / or site issue resolution, including Deviation Management and customer complaints
- Provides supplier investigation ownership using tools such as the Supplier Escalation Report (SER) and communicates results in weekly Tier meetings
- Provides technical inputs, review, and execution of Quality Agreements
- Tracks and monitors supplier operational and quality performance. Escalates issues to the SD & PM Performance Management Associate Director and site personnel
- Assists in development and delivery of supplier metrics and scorecards
- Participates in periodic business review meetings with suppliers
- Works and provides SD & PM support at a company site
Works independently with all levels of the organization, and has demonstrated the following skills:
- Rapid / Disciplined decisions
- Acts with courage and candor
- Drives results
- Escalation of issues / concerns to management, as appropriate
- Ability to Prioritize, Align and Simplify
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Science, or Business
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Business, Quality, Technical, or Manufacturing functions
- Knowledge of cGMPs, technical writing skills, data management, collection and analysis
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Networking, negotiations, and relationship building skills
- Our Company Leadership Behaviors and Inclusive Behaviors
- Experience working with Animal Health suppliers and company sites
- Experience solving complex problems
- Green Belt and/or Black Belt sigma certifications are desired and an expectation if not accomplished at the time of hire into the position
- Excellent interpersonal, inclusion, and communication skills
- Appreciation and respect for diversity, cultures, and norms
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
View page here