At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class team’s inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position will be a working manager and have leadership responsibilities for the Technology Management team. The Technology Management team is responsible for establishing the foundational information needed to Export and Import Collins Aerospace products.
- Determining the jurisdiction, legal control, commodity code, and country of origin determination is the primary function of this team.
- Responsible for technical analysis of schematics, engineering drawings, maintenance manuals, internal Collins Aerospace engineering tools, and detailed technical discussions with engineering within the company
- Responsible for interfaces with external suppliers and customers to validate provided export information.
- Applicants need to have a technical education and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering concepts to determine a products operation, exacting technical functions.
- A high level of communication, time management, technical, and organizational skills are needed in the classification process and are used on a daily basis.
- This individual will be required to interpret U.S. export and import regulations and has the responsibility for carrying out daily activities related to technology management.
- Responsible to work with the team to drive consistency in the interpretation the regulations and how they apply to our products.
This individual will operate with a fair amount of independence, but will need to be able to communicate clearly with their team. This individual may also be required to develop electronic solutions, assist with SAP integrations, provide training, and any other request to support Mission Systems need for classification of our products.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- This position requires a working knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR – 22 CFR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR – 15 CFR),
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage competing priorities and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to learn and utilize many different application tools (SAP, Sharepoint, Excel, Quantum, EASE, Access, Web based tools, etc…)
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture of what is needed for the enterprise and investigate other opportunities through innovation to accomplish goals.
- Engineering degree preferred
- Experience with Customs Regulations (19 CFR), Food & Drug Regulations (FDA – 21 CFR), Federal Communications Commission (FCC – 47 CFR), Alcohol, Tobacco Products and Firearms (ATF – 27 CFR) as they relate to import and/or export activities. The individual must possess the ability to translate these regulations into advice and subsequent actions pertaining to product classification matters.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here