TMC Transportation is the nation’s largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you’re seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership – ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate part-time opening for a Software Developer Intern working out of our office in Ames, Iowa. This position is available to student pursuing a degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent.
The primary function of a Software Developer intern is to participate in a structured internship program within the Information Technology Department. This candidate will apply theories and principals of computer science fundamentals to design, create, test, and deploy software applications for the company. The Intern will be assigned to a Senior Software Developer as a mentor during this program and will be responsible for the delivery of an actual proprietary software solution for TMC by the completion of the internship. This position will help a candidate with real-world experience and prove an increase in future career opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with senior software developers on the lifecycle of a software application from inception to delivery
- Analyze business needs by working with team son software requirements
- Design, develop, test, and debug software to satisfy project requirements
- Create process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation
- Ensure that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards
- This position is available to student pursuing a degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented and logical
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work individually and in a team environment
- A general understanding of computer programming.
- A minimum of 2 courses completed in any computer programming language
- Has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.