Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities, and Validation.
- Works independently on multiple concurrent projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Develops cell culture and downstream process platforms that are robust, scalable and economical in the production of veterinary viral vaccines.
- Designs and performs simple to complex experimental studies to identify and optimize critical process parameters for the development of robust manufacturing processes for new and existing veterinary biological products.
- Supports the design of creative approaches and solutions and applies these to assigned projects as well as to evaluate new platform technologies and improve existing processes.
- Orders supplies and reagents, prepare reagents and provides support for overall laboratory operations. Responsible for daily and regularly scheduled preventative maintenance of department equipment.
- Documents and prepares comprehensive, accurate and well-written project summaries and reports
- Represents Manufacturing departments on interdisciplinary teams and demonstrates a working knowledge of current GMP guidelines and advanced technical knowledge.
- Facilitate product transfers from R&D and site to site. Participate and work with transfer team members on engineering runs and consistency serial production.
- Interacts routinely and effectively with Manufacturing, Quality, and Research.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science in Life Science (e.g., biology, microbiology, immunology, etc.), or engineering (e.g., biomedical, chemical).
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of lab experience
- Must have skills in data analysis/interpretation, and the ability to exercise scientific judgment and for real-time decision-making.
- Must be able to work both independently and within multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work with little supervision and manage/differentiate ambiguous situations is important.
- Must have communication and documentation skills, including result reporting skills (i.e. presentation of results, impact, and recommendations)
- Must have demonstrated ability to work with others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with cell culture and virology scale-up, including bioreactors and downstream processing.
- Experience in laboratory operations including scheduling, equipment maintenance, and documentation.
- Experience with cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Good general industrial process knowledge and experience with manufacturing and/or large-scale production.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st – Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
View page here