Spatiotemporal Data Engineer – Proagrica – Oklahoma City
Data from precision agriculture is spatial, growing rapidly, and coming from diverse sources. Proagrica’s challenge is to connect this data, clean it, and make it queryable, freeing up the creativity of domain experts to convert data into insights. We are looking for a data engineer with experience with spatial data to join a new team tasked with this challenge. As a member of our team you will design, build, evolve and maintain databases, infrastructure and interface APIs for our spatial data pipeline. This represents an exciting opportunity to join Proagrica and make an immediate impact on a new initiative.
Furthermore, Proagrica is part of Reed Business Information – a much bigger data & analytics organization with many opportunities to grow your career.
The data science team will consist of data analysts/statisticians and data engineers. The team may also include, as needed, business analysts, architects, and database administrators and programmers. The team will use a hybrid approach, being responsible for a product and collaborating closely with other product teams on data issues. The Spatiotemporal Data Engineer role is based in Oklahoma and will report to a Systems Architect.
• Design and implement data processing infrastructure to make spatiotemporal data queries efficient, scalable, and robust.
• Become deeply familiar with spatial data layers collected in precision agriculture including what attributes are available and how they are created.
• Be actively involved in the code review process with the statistician/data analysts in the team.
• Increase the completeness and accuracy of data by implementing post-collection cleaning algorithms and by working with other product teams to improve collection.
• Habit of thinking through processes thoroughly, considering all implications, and asking questions when needed
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures (including relational and linked graph databases), algorithms and software design
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present technical information to non-specialists
• Demonstrable experience designing and implementing large volume data processing architectures.
• Experience with AWS, Azure, or other cloud platforms
• Well versed in modern software practices, including continuous integration / automated delivery.
• Scientific and practical understanding of data layers in agriculture, including how data is generated by users, sensors, and labs
• Extensive experience with Visual Studio and C# or F#
• Experience working with and manipulating geospatial data.
• Experience working with statisticians/data analysts and R
• Experience with data governance, security, and synchronization
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . EEO is the Law. EEO is the Law Supplement
RBI General Benefits Package
– 401k match of 5%
– 18 Days Holiday
– Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
– Benefits start the upon hire date
– Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries
View Proagrica’s website here: https://proagrica.com/