Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Mission Systems Global Sourcing Intern position is responsible to execute strategic sourcing processes that are consistent with the business unit. The position is a sourcing process expert. This position is responsible for efficiently and accurately executing sourcing events, agreements and amendments, developing RFI/RFPs, and proactively identifying and addressing potential opportunities. The position is also required to achieve ongoing reductions in total cost of ownership through fact based analysis.
- Contributes to the development of new sourcing concepts, techniques, and standards. Functional understanding of multiple categories.
- Lead the completion of sourcing events by developing data into strategic information based on category strategy and producing deliverable sourcing documents (e.g., RFI/RFP, award scenarios, case file, contract work space, compliance documents, etc.). Responsible for the detailed bid process to identify, assess, and award to suppliers in a fair and efficient manner.
- Responsible to secure and finalize agreements to the necessary commercial outcome to meet category strategy. Ensure that the post-negotiation contract process and documentation is complete and that the contract is approved by individuals with the correct authority level.
- An understanding and application of policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Responsible for executive summaries to management including effects on Cost, lead time, inventory as well as an overall summary of the event.
- Helps to execute new and innovative sourcing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here