General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Software Test Engineer.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Design, Architect and implement extensive automated test frameworks from unit level to full stack automated test frameworks
- Build simulation test beds for exploratory testing
- Integration of automated test frameworks and feedback mechanisms in the CI framework
- Architect, design and implement exhaustive software stress tests to make the highest quality software system imaginable
- Architect and develop remote support tools to assist customers in the field from the office
- Implement machine learning technologies to improve software testing capabilities
- Lead engineers in Scrum, TDD and XP development practices
At Smart Ag your official title will be Software Test Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for bringing to market the first ever commercially available agricultural autonomous vehicle system. You will be responsible for implementing cutting edge technology, radically new thoughts and exciting ideas into high quality, testable production code. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to make this product ship. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the back of your teammates and work in the best interest of hardware engineers, server-side software engineers, database engineers, and C-level management to make the most customer centric system imaginable. In a nutshell, if you didn’t like team projects that only talked about what customers really want in the past, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Experience building web based automated test frameworks and testing scripts (gtest, Selenium, Squish)
- Agile/Scrum experience is a deal breaker. If you don’t have it you probably will not be considered for this particular position. In this position you will be required to not only follow Agile principles but embody them and lead others to become better Agile practitioners.
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience and feel like TDD is the world’s best practice for software quality!
- We have a strict TDD coding policy, we expect 100% test driven development code.
- Experience with continuous deployment systems and testing requirements to be always shippable
- You are a natural team player; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork
- Deep experience with AWS, AWS IoT
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking
- Lead teams and projects to achieve effective and timely goals
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Nice to Haves
- Masters, PHD in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
$75,000+ depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Mark Barglof at 515-201-7245 and email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/