At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a college engineering intern for the summer of 2020 to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. This position is for the Commercial Avionics Data Link Products Software/Systems Engineering team. The Data Link products consist of software and hardware onboard an aircraft to utilize digital communications between the air and ground to help reduce voice communications and provide real time information on the operation of the aircraft.
The candidate responsibilities:
– Design and code based on low-level software requirements and guidance from senior team member,
– Build, test and deliver real-time embedded software to target environments in support of program and customer commitments,
– Assist with system level testing, working closely with cross functional areas to coordinate desired solutions, documenting problem reports and working resolution activities,
– Participate in design and code reviews with other members of the team to identify and eliminate problems early in the development process.
The following skills are desired from the candidate:
– Must have C++ / Object Oriented software development experience,
– Operating System knowledge,
– Python/Perl or any other scripting language knowledge and experience,
– Network protocol knowledge is a plus.
The successful candidate will also possess the following attributes:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
– Highly motivated, have a passion to win, be very flexible and energetic,
– Capable of solving difficult problems,
– Dedicated team player,
– Work all issues to resolution with an attitude of ownership of the entire problem in order to produce results that exceed customer expectations.
Collins Aerospace is aAt Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
n equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here