We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
At Workiva we have a world class support infrastructure that enables our Customer Success and Development staff to not just make our customers happy but make them “Raving Fans”. Software Support Engineers at Workiva provide the first and last line of technical support between the Customer Success and Research/Development teams. Software Support Engineers identify root causes of customer issues and serve as the primary incident response team in order to quickly deliver solutions to any problem a customer might encounter. Workiva has a culture that is collaborative and team-oriented, and our Software Support Engineers are in the middle of it all.
What you will do as a Software Support Engineer
- Act as a first line of development support for our Customer Success staff to diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise from our customers.
- Work to troubleshoot problems in real-time, interacting with customers and internal support representatives to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Interact as a part of multiple development teams to find solutions for customers.
- Identify, verify, and reproduce difficult to solve customer problems that may come from multiple sources.
- Act as incident manager of infrastructure and software incidents, coordinating communication and resolution across multiple teams and departments
- Facilitate the resolution of complex issues that may require the involvement of multiple teams and roles.
- Collaborate with functional testers in Quality Assurance to assist in testing and regression analysis.
- Brainstorm and implement ways to streamline our processes to keep our support structure fast and adaptable.
What we are looking for
- Intense passion for troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and translate when needed
- A drive to improve, both personally and professionally
- Coursework or prior experience in computer or engineering related fields
- Experience doing Enterprise IT Network support
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Experience working in both technical and non-technical environments