APEX Expert Solutions LLC is seeking an intern to work at our Iowa State University Research Park office. As a software developer intern, you will work on internal business continuity projects, assist engineering support staff with IT-related tasks, and assist with the development of operational products.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, Perl, or PHP
* Experience with Linux and Windows administration
* Experience with SQL including MSSQL and Postgres administration
* Experience with web frameworks such as AngularJS, NodeJS, Polymer, or React
* Demonstrable experience in web application development
* Knowledge of of object-oriented design concepts
* Knowlege and experience with Hadoop is a plus
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
* Willingness to learn new and emerging technologies and implement in a short time
* Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen
As a software developer intern, you will help build web-based tools and applications to enhance our products and do more for our customers. Our developers are responsible for shaping the direction of our products by considering the architecture, performance, testing, design, and implementation. Engineers here work on both UI level and lower-level implementation details. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Developing and fostering partnerships with cross-functional teams is key to success. The person filling this position must be a hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated developer with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for great user experiences and an eye for detail.
Must be currently enrolled in a BS/MS program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
APEX Expert Solutions LLC, a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), was formed to bridge the gap between operator and sensor in the evolving fields of exploitation and analysis. Through tightly coupling operators, analysts, and engineers, APEX delivers an unmatched level of problem-solving capacity for any situation. Spanning various intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) disciplines, including geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), and human intelligence (HUMINT) analysis, APEX analysts, trainers, and engineers work with operational mission partners to deliver novel technology, tactics, techniques, and procedures (T3P), realistic and modern training, and innovative technology solutions. As an industry leader in intelligence, operations, and technology; APEX solves complex problems, creates customized solutions, and supports all aspects of moving from data to intelligence.