At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace AFCS products have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who’s who of aircraft manufacturers and they demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems. We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA and contribute to the development of AFCS products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft. Typical functions to implement include flight guidance, autothrottle, autopilot, and autoland systems for Business and Regional aircraft. This internship represents a great opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to actual real-time embedded systems with critical safety requirements.
- Defining and reviewing software requirements for flight control systems, including interface requirements.
- Implementing control algorithms and signal processing for flight control systems. This encompasses both hand-coding and integrating auto-generated code from MATLAB Simulink / Stateflow models into a software application.
- Conducting requirements based testing of flight controls software
- Previous experience with object oriented development embedded software development is required, as well as familiarity with software requirement and configuration management tools.
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink would be a plus, as well as general knowledge of aviation and/or flight control systems
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here