We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate to be a Software Engineering Co-op within the Mission Systems – Communications Engineering Department. As a Software Engineering Co-op, you will work on a team that develops state-of-the-art communications systems and implements embedded software in products for domestic or international military programs. Examples of our communications systems and products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
This position’s responsibilities may include:
- Supporting software requirements definition and design
- Implementing multi-threaded embedded application software in C++
- Unit testing embedded software
- Integrating software / hardware components
- Performing object-oriented analysis and design
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Experience and/or coursework in the following:
- Python, Java, or C++ software development experience
- Object Oriented design experience
- Embedded software development experience
- Networking experience
- Linux experience
Candidates must be motivated to learn new technologies, be a strong team player, and contribute to a positive work environment.
A successful candidate also will have the ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner; produce effective, clear and concise technical documentation; and may have working knowledge or experience with embedded systems, radio communications systems, and Linux.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here