This Software Engineer will be a part of a cross-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing current and future generations of airborne GPS (Global Positioning System) receivers. This position offers abundant opportunities to acquire in-depth knowledge of GPS technology and receiver architecture, and to apply that knowledge in a team environment to continuously improve and enhance our GPS receiver performance.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform in all phases of the software engineering life cycle including requirements analysis, software design, software implementation, software integration and test, and software documentation. Candidates should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of software development environments and test tools.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline or three years of prior relevant experience.
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Software engineering experience with embedded processes
- Experience with formal software development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Technical aptitude and professionalism
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
The successful candidate should have experience or coursework in electrical, computer, or software engineering, should have a solid understanding of software development methodologies, and should have experience and coursework in at least one software language. Experience with requirements and change management tools is desirable. Proficiency in software development using Ada, C/C++, C#, or Jovial in an embedded application environment is also desirable. A working knowledge of Agile software development, Information Assurance, and Software Assurance is advantageous.
Previous Co-op experience in Navigation required
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- US Citizenship required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here