We are currently searching for a software intern to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, in the summer of 2020. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Our “RC Linux” team creates project-specific Embedded Linux Distributions using standardized processes and tools, to allow for rapid development, easy collaboration, alignment with open source development methods and to enable product-line development and follow RC open source software policies. We also provide Embedded Test Services to programs, ensuring thorough testing of Rockwell Collins Hardware prior to qualification or production.
• Participate in Agile Kanban process and meetings
• Participate in peer reviews of teammates’ source code
• Debug hardware and test setup issues
• Learn about hardware, common hardware failure modes, and effective test approaches
• Develop embedded test solutions for Rockwell Collins hardware
Skills and attributes
- Must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Bash
- Basic knowledge as a user of Linux
- Basic networking experience
- Nice to have:
- Familiarity with C
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Board Support Package
- Knows their way around Oscilloscopes and Multimeters
- Can read hardware schematics and datasheets
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next adventure!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here