Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Flight Management Systems is looking for a talented Engineering Intern for the Summer 2020 Session. This exciting opportunity requires an individual who has skills and interests in systems & software development, test, implementation and integration activities. This individual will work in the FMS (Flight Management Systems) department writing requirement, designing and developing embedded software for the Rockwell Collins ProLine Fusion FMS.
- Apply knowledge of software or systems engineering processes and methodologies
- Follow the project’s defined systems and software process for design, development, verification and configuration management
- Collaborate with engineers and generate a positive team working environment
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills for purposes of developing requirements and design documentation and proposing well thought out solutions to technical problems
- Quickly acquire technical domain knowledge and contribute to the design of sophisticated architectural systems
- Experience with requirements capture, programming in C, C++, or Ada and Avionics experience are not required but are a plus.
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here