Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace is looking for engineers to join our Summer Engineering Projects Program (SEPP) for summer 2020. Our SEPP interns work on high profile, high impact projects that immerse students in tackling real world problems that directly feed into our business’s strategy. For 2020, this Mission Systems team will focus on a real unmanned aircraft demonstration that will combine several key capabilities across mission systems such as UAS flight management software and datalink networking technology.
- Modify and implement software utilizing existing code bases and interfaces to bring software elements together so they work as a system.
- Work closely with system and software engineers to integrate software into a functional prototype within a modeling and simulation lab environment, transitioning to a real UAV. Assess and test system performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Support flight test campaigns for unmanned, manned, or optionally piloted aircraft
- Prepare and deliver clear and concise technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Performs activities as required to accomplish project objectives as established in the areas such as software development, software / systems enhancements, software / systems integration
Must Have Requirements:
- Pursuing an advanced degree in aerospace, software, computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- US Citizenship / Permanent Residence required
- Specialization in control, estimation, and unmanned aircraft
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Software development within an object oriented environment
- Practical experience with unmanned aircraft and/or robotics
A successful candidate may have
- A solid understanding of aircraft navigation systems / flight control systems
- Working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
- Experience with application communication using networking (e.g. UDP and TCP/IP)
- Experience with Git or SVN version control system
- Simulink and MATLAB experience is desired
- Knowledgeable in developing, integrating, and maintaining software applications
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with application development projects
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here