Requisition ID: 14271
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer – Flight Controls – New Grad to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins’ AFCS products have been flying and landing airplanes for over 30 years. Our customer base is a who’s who of aircraft manufacturers and they demand systems which satisfy the highest levels of criticality at the lowest cost possible. This dichotomy provides a continuous challenge to our engineering team to employ new technology and methodologies in the development of our complex systems. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA and contribute to the development of AFCS products for the next generation of business, regional, military and air-transport aircraft. Typical functions to implement include flight guidance, autothrottle, autopilot, and autoland systems for Business and Regional aircraft. This internship represents a great opportunity to apply your software engineering skills to actual real-time embedded systems with critical safety requirements.
Software development tasks include:
- Defining and reviewing software requirements for flight control systems, including interface requirements.
- Implementing control algorithms and signal processing for flight control systems. This encompasses both hand-coding and integrating auto-generated code from MATLAB Simulink / Stateflow models into a software application.
- Conducting requirements based testing of flight controls software
- Previous experience with object oriented development embedded software development is required, as well as familiarity with software requirement and configuration management tools.
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink would be a plus, as well as general knowledge of aviation and/or flight control systems.
Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science or equivalent discipline.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.