Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Software Engineer needed to join the Teamcenter Visualization development team based in Ames, IA. Will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of software programming for Siemens PLM products. Ability to understand complex technical problems and design easy – to – use solutions for those problems is a must.
Ability to work independently on complex projects with minimal supervision. Focus on achieving optimal performance with highest quality and on time delivery
- Design, development, and maintenance of software for the Teamcenter Visualization suite of products
- Responsible for working with customers, product management to understand requirements and create solutions
- Software Engineer position reporting directly to Development Manager reporting in the Lifecycle Collaboration Solutions division
- <10 % travel
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math or Computer Science OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in C/C++ programing, preferably Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design & Programming
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Exposure to computational geometry algorithms, graphics libraries are desirable
- Experience in web technologies and development is highly desired.
- Knowledge of SaaS, Microservice Architecture, RESTFul APIs and multiple cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure etc. are desirable
- Knowledge of COM, design patterns is highly desired
- User level experience in CAD/Visualization applications
- Understanding of PLM, engineering design and Manufacturing
- Software development in an Agile environment is highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.