Location: Ames, IA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1805077 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Shipping Specialist II – Ames, Iowa (1805077)
The Shipping Specialist II is responsible for printing and confirming orders, working closely with the shipping team to ensure order and shipment accuracy, as well as making sure inventory is correct.
- Communicate with Command Center and Customer Care for Outbound shipments.
- Manage inventory for accuracy, research any discrepancies found.
- Prepare bill of lading and other shipping documents, making sure all supporting documentation is available and correct.
- Allocate and good issue all shipments within SAP.
- Create, manage and track spreadsheets for all outbound shipments.
- Call in all LTL shipments to the local LTL carriers.
- Direct delivery truck drivers to shipping doors to ensure timely and safe delivery of cargo to customers.
- Route movement of small package shipments via FedEx.
- Manage the distribution of LTL orders to the shipping warehouse workers.
- Organize and file all outbound shipments.
Outbound International Shipment Processing
- Prepare and examine Certificate of Origins to ensure accurate documentation for all international shipments.
- Communicate with Marine Command Center and Foreign Trade Rep for Export Shipments.
- Prepare and examine bills of lading to determine tariffs as needed.
- Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents.
Inbound Receiving Processing
- Print the appropriate paperwork for receiving warehouse workers.
- Enter accurate quantities and issue goods receipt for all Inbound shipments.
- Create, manage and maintain spreadsheets for all return shipments.
- Organize and file all inbound shipments.
- Process finished good stock transfers in SAP, as recorded on move tickets.
- Process all SAP transactions for customer empty drum return processing.
- Create and maintain job related SOP’s into the Intellidox system.
- Responsible for updating and providing monthly reports to the Warehouse Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of previous work experience working in shipping receiving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Production/Operations Management, or related field preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Hazardous materials transportation for IATA, D.O.T., IMDG and RCRA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.