We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Shipping and Warehouse Supervisor (1805122) – Ames, IA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for all day to day activities that are directly related to the scheduling and delivery of Colorbiotics shipments. In this role, you will work directly with third party service providers, Customer Service, and Sales to coordinate deliveries, shipments, and resolves any issues and problems that arise.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in Transportation, Logistics Management, Production/Operations Management or a related field combined with your customer service or dispatch experience in a fast paced environment, you will be responsible for allocating all inbound and outbound transactions at the Colorbiotics facilty, including Colorbiotics equipment moves. Additionally, you will be responsible for examining and approving international and air shipments out of the Colorbiotics facility and approving air freight shipments throughout North America.
- Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will communicate with the Command Center, Customer Service, and Sales for Outbound shipments and equipment movements and with 3rd party logistic companies, carriers, and drivers to ensure accurate pick ups and deliveries.
- Your keen attention to detail will be vital as you manage inventory to make sure it is accurate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Your proficiency in PC use and software applications (Microsoft Word & Excel required, SAP preferred) will be a valued asset as you create, manage and track spreadsheets for all outbound LTL shipments, communicate all LTL shipments to local LTL carriers, prepare bills of lading and other shipping documents, making sure all support documentation is available and correct, and print the appropriate paperwork for Receiving personnel.
- Your desire to maintain compliance will drive you to ensure all BCC yearly NAFTA custom certifications are in place.
- Demonstrating your effective verbal and written communication skills, you will communicate with International container carriers and the Purchasing Department on accuracy and timeliness of inbound shipments.
- Your robust organizational skills will be critical as you coordinate/troubleshoot shipments, arrange shipments for returns, transfers, lab samples, and field trials, and organize and file all outbound, inbound, and return shipments.
- Your strong commitment to workplace health and safety will be essential as you follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies, wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment, ensure that prescribed safeguards are properly used, and immediately report unsafe acts or conditions to your supervisor and take immediate interim steps to protect yourself and others from serious risk.
- Your proven experience working in a manufacturing setting will prove advantageous as you understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to your job responsibilities.
- Relying on your technical knowledge, you will support applicable Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean-sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned. You will ensure the on time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned and utilize Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. As required, you will participate in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.