Requisition ID: 16511
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The candidate will receive on the job training in the labs on but not limited to the following subjects:
- Reading prints, mechanical and electrical
- Tool crib operations
- Connectors, crimping and extracting contacts – lots of different variations of tools.
Learning about Parts acquisition, both internally and externally.
Experience working in the Mechanical shop:
- Operation of various tools and machines
Lab test equipment operation:
- Power supply/supplies
- Potential hookup and grounding errors to avoid
- When to ground equipment and when to let it float
Training on hardware troubleshooting hints and methods
High level testing using a CTS station:
- Auto, semiauto and single stepping through an automated test sequence
- When things go wrong
Understanding the documentation of a unit:
- Top level
- Board level assembly
- Board level schematic
- Component Maintenance Manual, CMM
Using CREO to chase signal paths through a board
Learning Lab safety and ESD/static protection.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- EET Student that has completed at least 2 semesters.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.