Requisition ID: 16212
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Market Research plays a vital role in sustaining and accelerating growth of Collins Aerospace Mission Systems. The Market Research Analyst position will work directly with internal stakeholders to create marketing information resources for the Mission Systems Business Development team and to identify and manage portfolio competitive intelligence needs. The analyst will provide value-added, actionable deliverables and develop an understanding of our current position within the market we serve.
- Works closely with stakeholders to develop marketing information resources
- Performs research and analysis on competitive intelligence topics and present findings to stakeholders (e.g., pursuit teams or portfolio leadership)
- Supports development and helps maintain tools, processes and systems used for collection, storage and distribution of competitive intelligence and supporting documentation
- Connects competitive trends and events to key intelligence topics to inform development of business and pursuit strategies/positioning
- Works closely with domestic and international stakeholders to identify and manage intelligence requirements related to competitors and specific pursuits
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work; detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Builds stable working relationships, principally internal to Rockwell Collins. Works on cross functional teams. Able to actively engage with a wide variety of internal stakeholders
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of multiple factors. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would have a moderate effect on the organization.
- Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a mix of hard facts, anecdotal information and assumptions
- Possesses outstanding analytical skill: able to quickly synthesize primary and secondary research into a cohesive competitive analysis and clearly communicate results to customers
- Strong understanding of the principles of competitive strategy and competitive advantage
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelors or advanced degree in an applicable discipline. A degree in marketing or management is preferred.
- US citizenship is required.
- Knowledge and/or interest in the aerospace and defense industry structure along with overall competitive preferred.
- Prior experience in market research, competitive intelligence, strategy or business development a plus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.