Requisition ID: 14382
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a SEPP FPGA Electrical Engineering Intern (Summer 2019) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is for a motivated Electrical engineering intern to provide support to the Government Systems GPS Navigation Design team. This position will provide the opportunity to work on tasks related to high-end FPGA SOC technology. Duties may include assisting senior engineers on requirements capture, design implementation, verification, working with and/or creation of technical documentation, and other support activities related to the FGPA development process.
Candidate must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be proactive when seeking needed information from other personnel. The candidate should be efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Power Point, and Excel. Exposure to FPGA design tools a plus but not required.
The job requires previous and/or ongoing work in an undergraduate program in applicable engineering or science field or equivalent with demonstrated high academic and/or job performance.
Additional Attributes Required:
* Participates in personal and technical developmental activities
* Applies new skills in day-to-day project activities
* Is receptive to feedback and responds by making an effort to improve
* Uses problems as opportunities to learn
* Keeps leadership sufficiently informed of status of assignments
* Identifies problems and priority conflicts
* Elevates issues and concerns to leadership and/or management for resolution
* Exhibits good written communication skills
* Exhibits good oral (verbal, non-verbal/body language, listening, etc.) communication skills
* Demonstrates an understanding of the value of cooperating with team members
* Works well with others to achieve team goals
* Remains flexible and considers the opinions, suggestions, and alternatives provided by others
* Demonstrates respect and sensitivity for team members, peers, and coworkers
* Approaches work with enthusiasm
* Pursues goals and development plans with enthusiasm
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.