The Senior User Experience (UX) Manager delivers world class and consistent digital experiences to our customers and prospects. This position supports the Digital and Brand Marketing team in providing leadership and management of the Workiva brand expression through the web marketing channel and partners with internal teams to continually optimize the user experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Digital Marketing UX and Website Design Management:
- Work in close collaboration with team and stakeholders to lead UX strategy, information architecture, and user flows for digital marketing products to support our business initiatives and branding objectives.
- Serves as the UX champion and manages integrated digital experiences
- Leads decision making on experience capability integration and experience roadmap
- Collaborates cross-team to develop and maintain customer decision journey maps. Relates new integration points back to roadmap to carefully control the customer and prospect experience
- Works with internal stakeholders to identify capabilities required to meet user needs, and delivers solutions in context of the entire UX lifecycle
- Serves as the thought leader for digital experience best practices, interdependencies, and alignment opportunities across the organization
- Facilitates UX activities such as user/design research, interviews and discovery workshops with key stakeholders.
- Operationalizes data to aid in project brief creation and campaign development
- Project and People Management
- Develops and maintains UX roadmap, ensuring it aligns with with team, department and company goals
- Defines and manages UX deliverables and timelines to ensure projects fulfill time and scope parameters
- Helps to foster a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years user interface/digital marketing experience
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tableau and similar platforms
- Strong background in Drupal or similar content management systems
- Experience with user interface development and UX testing and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in design, marketing, or relevant field of study is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated track record of successfully bringing large scale programs to market
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables within a situation
Where You’ll Work:
Workiva, the leading cloud provider of connected data, reporting, and compliance solutions, is used by thousands of enterprises across 120 countries, including more than 75 percent of Fortune 500® companies, and by government agencies. Our customers have linked over five billion data elements to trust their data, reduce risk, and save time. Workiva employs more than 1,200 people with offices in 16 cities.
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/