The Senior Technical Systems Analyst will perform system analysis to transform business requirements into analysis and design requirements as defined by the product managers, subject matter experts, or customers with minimal direction. Based on this analysis, this position will create technical specifications, analysis and design artifacts that are used as the basis for the construction, and implementation of enterprise business and software solutions. This position will leverage Sales & Use tax knowledge, O Series and ERP knowledge to ensure client requirements are implemented in a manner that achieves the project goals and objectives. Results oriented consulting with the aptitude to combine functional tax with technical skills and knowledge to provide best practice solutions.
This position can work remotely anywhere in the Continental United States
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the business requirement elaboration and technical analysis phases of enterprise projects by applying your experience/in-depth knowledge of commercial product development methods, technical architectures, advance business analysis and modeling concepts, information system, and software development lifecycle expertise.
- Serves as the product functionality “translator” for clients and as primary liaison between the Vertex Solution Teams and the client. Strong analytical skills to allow for the interpretation and determination of application needs.
- Perform international requirements gathering and analysis.
- Create analysis and design artifacts that will be the basis for constructing enterprise systems by applying your expert knowledge in several business analysis methods (Procedural, Object Oriented, Joint Application Development, and Rapid Prototyping).
- Apply advanced knowledge of relational database designs and the related modeling and implementation tools to enhance analysis and design artifacts that will be used in constructing enterprise systems.
- Act as a consultant to interface with high priority customers implementing key product/process solutions to meet the business goals of a customer by applying software based custom configurations and/or process. Act as point of escalation to ensure client satisfaction.
- Communicate to all levels of management in all settings with all forms of communication in a way that effectively meets all their requirements.
- Work independently to plan, prioritize, and complete high complex critical priority work assignments, as a member of a project team.
- Lead or participate in other projects or duties as assigned.
- Strong Presentations skills to allow for global interactions and knowledge sharing with clients and partners.
- Aptitude to learn and acquire knowledge of O Series and VAT for the purpose of assisting in high profile sales calls.
- Occasional travel required. (Up to 25%)
Mentors/coaches solutions staff to create a world class services team that builds the practice’s credentials and offers career growth for consultants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in several analysis methods (Procedural, Object Oriented, Joint Application Development, and Rapid Prototyping) with specific recent experience in object-oriented analysis methods is required.
- SQL knowledge required
- Data management with high volume data sets is required
- Experience implementing n-tiered, distributed systems across different Hardware/Operating is preferred.
- Familiarity with web-based application analysis and design techniques and technologies is required.
- Tax or financial industry experience preferred.
- Confidence and presence necessary in a global environment.
- Ability to obtain knowledge of ERP as it relates to Sales & Use tax and O Series.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) .
- Strong time management skills, professional appearance and presentation. Experience providing solutions for multiple tax types especially Sales and Consumer Use tax.
- Experience building stable working relationships within a workgroup as well as with internal and/or external customers required.
- Working in a tax or technical analytics a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Visio and Excel required.
- Sales and/or presentation experience a plus
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters in related field, specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 5 to10 years of system analysis experience in software development with relevant technical (i.e. developer / designer), business analysis, and technology industry work experience.
- Three (3) of the 10 years should be concentrated on the technical solution design leading to the development of new ventures, markets, and/or products.
- At least 1 year of experience servicing the product implementation and configuration needs of high profile customers.
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex’s business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.