As a Senior Tax Analyst at Workiva, you will support all aspects of U.S. tax accounting, reporting, planning, audits, research, compliance, and strategic projects, while ensuring segregation of duties. You will offer expertise in managing tax risk consistent with the expectations of senior management and will partner with finance, legal, and business unit leaders to develop and implement strategies that minimize tax expense and liabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare tax compliance items including federal, state, and local income tax filings in the US and internationally, with little required oversight.
- Accountable to perform the first line of review for compliance items prepared by outside tax consultants.
- Review indirect tax account reconciliations and filings prepared by tax team staff and outside tax consultants.
- Prepare annual and interim tax provisions and the related financial statement disclosures, including direction of tax team staff, for review by the Tax Manager.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve tax issues and their financial impacts on a wide range of transactions and business initiatives.
- Possess and leverage deep knowledge and prior experience to assist in defining and implementing the company’s tax strategies and maintaining its tax architecture.
- Assist in the implementation of global tax policies, procedures, and internal controls in close coordination with the accounting and tax team.
- Lead a diverse range of federal, state, and international projects that deliver value to the organization.
- Research and provide tax guidance to business unit inquiries, organic growth projects, and corporate initiatives including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, or reorganizations.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements within the tax function and take the lead in implementing solutions to automate existing work papers and streamline processes to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls.
- Partner with finance leadership and external tax advisors in identifying and prioritizing global tax planning strategies.
- Work with the Tax Manager in assisting and developing other staff members of the tax team.
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years corporate tax experience, including tax research competence; public accounting experience preferred
- International tax experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Extensive understanding of, and experience with, corporate tax principles and accounting principles
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax and Wdesk preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, management, interpersonal skills required
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of personnel and across internal and external departments, functions, and organizations
Where You’ll Work:
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
View page here