2625 North Loop Drive, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Vertex is shaping the future of how product development happens in manufacturing. Embracing advances in cloud computing, we’re building solutions to improve the speed and quality of collaboration so teams can make better decisions—and get products to market faster. Vertex founder and proven entrepreneur, Dan Murray, has grown two prior software companies to $100M+ revenue and executed successful IPOs. This is a ground-floor opportunity and part of our effort to expand sales, information technology, engineering, and marketing teams in preparation for product launch.
Vertex is looking for an experienced software engineer to join us in building an amazing, highly-scalable software product for an underserved market. This is an exciting opportunity to apply extraordinary technical skills to achieve what no other company has been able to achieve. We value engineers who love solving hard problems with inventive, practical solutions. We are a very team-oriented organization where each engineer is empowered and encouraged to leverage their knowledge and talents to help produce the best product on the market.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, UI/UX, Engineering, and leadership.
- Capable of designing and implementing efficient, scalable, math-oriented algorithms
- Comfortable producing high quality code in both C++ and Java
- Proficient at code optimization techniques
- Strong advocate for TDD and other agile software engineering best practices
- Deliver quality code on time to ensure a successful product launch
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success building high-performing applications in C, C++, and/or Java
- 5+ years of Agile development experience
- 2+ years experience developing software applications
- Familiarity with thread-safe algorithms and patterns
- Strong foundation in math concepts
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies