Vertex Software is searching for a Senior Software Architect to help us deliver the best 3D collaboration experience to our customers as possible. Work with the entire engineering group to ensure our product has a high availability, high scalability, and highly extensible system. We care deeply about code quality and elegant engineering, so we need your expertise in best practices and technology. You will be solving exciting challenges across all our domains as you mentor and guide our teams to technical excellence.
- Active leader on developing scalable, high quality services and data layers
- Have functioned in a tech lead role for a team
- Experienced in coalition building with the ability to design up and down the stack
- Have managed production workloads over sensitive and mission critical systems
- Familiarity with industry best practices for data security, reliability, and performance
- Familiar with multiple API design paradigms
- Strong communicator with an ability to tailor your message to the audience
- Humble but willing to fight for the best ideas, even if they might not be yours
- Passionate about designing the best architectural patterns and tools that other engineers will use
- Driven to work in a fast paced startup environment
What you will do:
- Work with all teams to produce customer value through collaborative and sincere engagement, including with Product, UI/UX, QA, Customer Success, and Vertex leadership teams
- Innovate by exploring new technologies and incorporating them into our stack to help us build better products for our customers
- Be an active leader in developing scalable cloud based systems, functions, and data store interactions across a wide number of use cases
- Be challenged to solve hard problems with multi-tenant enterprise grade environments, technical strategy, cross cutting technology choices
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s technologies and architectures
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the Engineering leadership
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements
- Conducts analysis to determine integration needs
- Work directly with the head of engineering to guide our technical decision making
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success building SaaS products in a cloud environment
- 10+ years of experience delivering product value (Agile environment a plus) in a back end, full stack, architecture, or leadership role
- 5+ years working with production cloud deployments (AWS experience is a plus)
- Great communication skills demonstrated through recommendations or evidence
What would really excite us:
- Previous Docker and microservice architecture experience
- A background or hobbies related to our target market (CAD, Mechanical engineering, Physical Products)
- An understanding of rendering and visualization techniques
- A background in large scale multi-tenant systems
- Are comfortable working client side as needed
- Experience working on an Enterprise SaaS product
About the team, tools and tech:
- Our leadership fosters a “people first” culture and are serious about growing and mentoring every employee. We believe that supporting and investing in our people is one of the smartest things we can do.
- Our teams are organized as product teams who work cross functionally. Engineers sit next to product managers, UX, leadership, and work towards objectives with diligence and cooperation.
- Teams are responsible for their technology choices and for the uptime of what they build. To support the teams, we provide tools like Grafana, OpsGenie, Greylog, and more.
- We are an enterprise SaaS company built on top of the best AWS has to offer. Everything from S3, Elastic search, Elastic cache, RDS, and more.
- We practice infrastructure as code techniques and ship new code to our customers often. Tools we use include Github, Jenkins, Cloudformation, Lambda, and Docker.
About the People
- We have a great mixture of deep technical expertise and broad experience with technology, startups, and building innovative scalable products. We are a diverse group of talented individuals at all stages of life, some who have lived all over the world. We welcome you as you are and are excited to have you as part of the team.
Vertex Software is shaping the future of product development in manufacturing. Vertex unlocks 3D product data, fueling collaboration throughout product development. Companies quickly and securely share even the most complex designs with the extended enterprise anytime – on any device. Vertex founder and proven entrepreneur, Dan Murray, has grown two prior software companies to $100M+ revenue and executed successful IPOs. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company. Vertex is based in Ames, Iowa.
View page here