The Senior Product Marketing Manager oversees product development and marketing programs. They provide consultative and management support internally to product management, marketing, and sales, identifying emerging market opportunities and focusing sales efforts to achieve revenue goals by product category.
What You’ll Do:
- Product Portfolio Management: Manages multiple product marketing projects to focus sales effort and to ensure the achievement of revenue and profit goals by product category
- Defines quarterly targets, metrics, go-to-market strategies and plans across Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and Knowledge, Education and Community to make sure that the company is equipped to meet plan targets and expectations
- Acts as the expert on buyer personas across solutions to enable effective marketing demand generation and sales conversion
- Coordinates yearly plan for deliverables from other groups, including marketing and sales campaigns, training, and Customer Success initiatives
- Develops launch strategy and plans and coordinates execution of go-to-market programs with Global Demand Generation
- Works with Global Demand Generation on the measurement of go-to-market programs
- Collaborates with Product Management, Sales Operations, Partner team, and Sales training for successful sales rollouts of sales enablement and support tools
- Product Marketing and Sales Consulting & Support: Provides consulting and management support to Marketing and Sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities
- Develops product positioning and complete competitive analysis
- Performs market and customer research
- Understands and develops pricing and packaging strategies
- Builds marketing and sales plans to penetrate market
- Meets with customers to explore market opportunities
- Works with Marketing department to build marketing and sales collateral and webinar content and schedules
- Acts as the product evangelist, internally and externally, by supporting special sales calls or designated speaking engagements
- Product Management Consulting & Support: Provides support to product managers, partner, and development teams, including identifying and prioritizing product features based on customer and market analysis in coordination with PMM SME
- Participates in product council “input sessions” with key stakeholders and developing business case studies and plans to justify pursuing a new product
- Collaborates with product teams on product vision, principal features, and customer discovery activities
- Works with Product Managers and Product Marketing SMEs to prioritize projects for Development team, based on market and sales data and product launch schedules
- Coordinates training and education of customers to keep pace with new features and functionality
- Leads Workiva User Conference session track(s)
- People Leadership: Engages fully with individuals and teams to ensure optimal performance, employee engagement, development, and collaboration within and across teams
- Provides ongoing mentoring, coaching and feedback to employees to support optimal performance and development
- Identifies and resolves interpersonal conflicts and resource issues
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience in roles that relate to product marketing, including product management, marketing, and sales
- 2+ years of experience managing a team, including matrix management, team building, and mentoring
- 2+ years previous experience in B2B market development and sales channel support preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector preferred
- Successful track record of building marketing and sales programs for ongoing revenue streams
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Extraordinary listening and communication skills
- Passion for products and discovering new features to meet market needs
- Enjoy working with metrics and analytics that drive decision making
- Demonstrated B2B sales channel competencies
- Must be able to travel 25 – 30% of the time
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Denver, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/