For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The Software Engineer will design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Has knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
• Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
• Tasks are well-defined.
• Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
• Works independently, as well as with a team.
• Work is performed under supervision.
• Bachelors’ degree or Master’s degree in engineering field – Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of an internship in related field is preferred.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Experienced in the use of Visual Studio Code, Git, Python, C/C++, TensorFlow, Open CV or similar tools for use in machine learning applications/neural networks.
• Familiarity with Computer Vison and Perception Systems for Autonomous Vehicles and Robotics
• Comfortable with Test Driven Develoment, Testing Automation and CI/CD pipelines.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques would be helpful.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Raven is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
View page here