General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Machine Learning Software Engineer.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Lead the Smart Ag Machine Learning growth strategy
- Implementation of deep learning databases and simulations for machine training
- Implementation of vehicle control algorithms in response to object detection
- Implementation of networking and communications technology to fuse multiple autonomous machines together for collaborative work
- Implement and design machine vision and sensor fusion technologies
- Research and design emerging machine learning techniques
- Act as a mentor and leader within the engineering team
At Smart Ag your official title will be Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer. In this position you will be responsible for bringing to market the first ever commercially available agricultural autonomous vehicle system. You will be responsible for implementing cutting edge technology, radically new thoughts and exciting ideas into high quality, testable production code. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to make this product ship. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the back of your team mates and work in the best interest of hardware engineers, server-side software engineers, database engineers, and C-level management to make the most customer centric system imaginable. In a nutshell, if you didn’t like team projects that only talked about what customers really want in the past, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- You have the ability to creatively weave machine learning into both embedded applications and server-side/cloud-based applications.
- You can create Neural Network training pipelines to rapidly train neural network models
- You have 5+ years of professional machine learning or AI engineering experience and feel like you are ready to challenge yourself to build something new and exciting.
- You have 10+ years of professional computer engineering or software development experience.
- Agile/Scrum experience is a deal breaker. If you don’t have it you will not be considered for this particular position. In this position you will be required to not only follow Agile principles but embody them and lead others to become better Agile practitioners.
- We have a strict TDD coding policy, we expect 100% test driven development code.
- You are a natural team player; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork.
- Lead engineers in Scrum, TDD and XP development practices
- Masters or PHD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science with a specific focus on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
$125,000+ depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact Mark Barglof at 515-201-7245 and email resume email@example.com
View page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/