At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
We believe great systems are the result of elegant design, simple solutions, and superb collaboration with some of the best teams in the industry. We believe in small, empowered teams. We promote openness through open source contributions (github.com/workiva). We are committed to consistently pushing boundaries to create powerful, innovative solutions to real-world problems.
At Workiva we create Wdesk, a best-in-class collaborative solution for enterprise productivity and business reporting. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync and reducing risk. We pride ourselves on bringing a consumer-quality user experience to business users by fostering a deep understanding of their needs and by continuously validating solutions with data.
What You’ll Do:
The Cloud Operations Financial Analyst role would manage our strategic planning and analysis as well as manage our tactical steps to reduce costs associated with cloud assets and services. The Cloud Operations Financial Analyst will be, first and foremost, an engineer or technician intimate with public cloud operations. Experience in finance and accounting is secondary.
This role is on the Workiva Infrastructure team. This role will continually drive the minimization of, and provide a rationale for, cloud spend at Workiva.
- Understand and explain pricing models to the business: Each cloud vendor has a different pricing model for different services. We need to understand those models down to the “fine print” and avoid any surprises
- Identify and eliminate unused resources: Drive and assure the elimination of orphaned or unused resources
- Identify and eliminate archaic data: Analyze services that have a higher chance of storing purposeless archaic data. Look at all data stores and work with operations and service teams to identify opportunities to eliminate archaic data
- Provide management with cloud consumption reports on a monthly basis
- Provide services teams with monthly spend reports.
- Assure cloud spend reports are as accurate and granular as possible
- Validate Cloud vendor invoices and reconcile any discrepancies
- Analyze workload usage patterns: Detect usage trends for each of the services utilized on the public cloud, paying special attention to the key cloud cost contributors and provide insight into these cost drivers to senior management
- Identify key cloud cost contributors: Based on our cloud spend, identify services that are key contributors to our monthly spend
- Compare our cloud usage against spend: Does each service justify the cloud spend it requires? If not, identify optimization opportunities with Operations, Engineering, Architecture and/or Product Management
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred
- Previous experience successfully partnering with engineering teams, infrastructure operations and/or finance background is highly encouraged
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Advanced analytical and business sense and keen attention to detail
- Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectation
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and present ideas to a group of senior-level managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Cloudhealth and New Relic a plus
Where You’ll Work:
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ+), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company-wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.