By joining Workiva’s Professional Services team you will make a direct impact across the organization, by collaborating with teams internally and working directly with our valued customers. In this unique opportunity, you will pair your accounting knowledge with our industry-leading software to consult with customers and help deliver high-quality SEC Filings. Our team has earned a reputation for providing our customers with an extraordinary level of service. This is accomplished through hiring high performing individuals who are supported by WDesk, our industry-leading software.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with our customers to improve the quality of their SEC Filings by being a valued partner on all of their XBRL needs
- We understand most people are not familiar with XBRL so we train you, using your existing technical accounting knowledge
- As part of our training, you will learn how to model, map, tag and review XBRL
- Manage multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Review financial statements to gain an understanding of the accounting policies to map, model, and tag customer statements for XBRL
- Resolve outstanding customer questions and/or inquiries
- Maintain thorough knowledge of taxonomies, SEC regulations, and US GAAP and IFRS changes
- Provide customers with XBRL training using the Wdesk application
- Work closely with other customer-facing teams
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA preferred
- 2+ years experience working in a CPA firm or financial reporting environment is preferred
- Project and time management skills
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple and potentially overlapping customer requirements
- A customer-first attitude
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial accounting systems required
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as-needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/