Job Field: PROD – Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Location: Ames, IA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1803714
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Line Leader – Ames, Iowa – (1803714)
We’re looking for a Line Leader responsible for assisting in the execution of daily production schedule. This will include: producing products, mixing, blending, and packaging finished product. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Bulk material handling
- Stage raw materials for production process
- Lead daily batch manufacturing by directing work flow
- Monitor and observe production equipment to ensure it is operating safely, effectively, and efficiently
- Recommend changes and improvements to equipment and procedures
- Continually maintain plant and grounds for cleanliness and organization
- Accurately follow instructions and record data on production tickets including batch sampling and other duties associated with batch formulation, such as weighing, addition, and mixing various ingredients
- Overtime will be required for this position
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- High School diploma or GED required
- At least one year of machine operating experience or equivalent in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to meet essential skills of the job per a skills-based assessment
- Must be able to meet the essential functions of the job per a physical examination
- 1 year of Forklift experience
- PLC Knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.