At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us’ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Intern Engineering, we’ll count on you to:• Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
• Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
• Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
• Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
• Perform other duties as needed
• Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Engineering program (civil preferred)
• Attention to detail a must
• Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
• Basic Microsoft Office skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
• Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Des Moines
Other Locations: United States-Iowa-Cedar Rapids
Industry: Highway + Road
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2019
View page here: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl