Regional Sales Manager
Farmers Edge (US), Inc.
Location: Ames, IA and surrounding areas. Specific location is negotiable.
Position available due to promotion.
Reporting to the Head of US Sales, the Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the overall performance of their regional sales team in selling Farmers Edge Precision Solution packages to growers and partners.
Duties may include the following:
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity weekly to build appropriate sales strategies for the region.
- Participate in strategic sales calls with customers and in-field coaching for Business Account Managers.
- Conduct weekly conference calls with the region’s team of Business Account Managers, along with monthly in-person meetings for strategic planning and performance tracking purposes.
- Provide detailed sales forecasting to the VP of Sales on a monthly basis.
- Create and monitor personal development plans for each Business Account Managers within the region for performance purposes.
- Establish and monitor budgets and ROI for the Business Account Managers in the region to meet performance objectives.
- Participate in in-person Sales Management team meeting with other Regional Sales Managers in the US or Canada.
- Ensure staff requirements are met by interviewing, selection, and on-boarding.
- Business travel required within region.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ directly related leadership experience in sales, preferably in the Agriculture industry.
- Sales or business training from a recognized institute is an asset.
- Externally-led group development sessions with the Sales Management teams will be provided as well as mentorship from the VP of Sales.
- Valid drivers license with a reasonably clear driving record.
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package including base pay, comprehensive benefits and performance bonus. Base salary dependent on qualifications and skill.
View page here