Proagrica develops agriculture software that Growers, Farmers and Service Providers use to collect and manage data to make management decisions. Proagrica is looking for a QA member to develop and maintain automated tests for their mobile application.
As a QA Test Engineer, your focus will be on Proagrica’s mobile application, Sirrus. Sirrus is used for data collection, visualizing data and recommending a course of action.
This position in Quality Assurance is responsible for enhancing QA methodology through automated testing and ensuring compliance by working with management to improve quality and process standards that result in on-time and efficient delivery of systems. This role involves both manual acceptance/regression testing as well as building and maintaining Appium based automation scripts.
You will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary agile team and be fully involved in all phases of our development and release cycle. Understanding business requirements and creating solid test suites is essential to verify and validate features. Exploratory testing is also used to find bugs or assist in reproducing reported bugs. Day to day most testing is done in the office. However, we do need to test our software in the field so we grab a GPS and head outside!
- 1+ years of QA Test Analyst experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Responsible for both manual and automated testing for mobile applications
- Write and maintain automation tests in Python
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Participate in project reviews.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Maintain framework for record retention in order to support internal and external IT audits.
- Assist with process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on a timely basis.
- Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
- Be a strong advocate for quality in all phases of product lifecycle from development to delivery
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience with a scripting language e.g. Bash, Ruby or Python
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal skills — ability to communicate with both technical and nontechnical customers.
- Written skills/documentation.
- Basic project management skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Basic oral and written communication.
- Understanding of QA methodologies
- Familiarity with Appium
- Experience with mobile app automated testing
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Familiarity with system configuration, PowerShell, Docker
RBI is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here