Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assists in establishing inspection and testing specifications and procedures to ensure quality standards are met.
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards, and sequences to ensure processes are in compliance with internal and regulatory standards.
- Conducts processes to modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
- Provides explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Provides analysis and recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and develop recommendations for managing risk in product development.
- Conducts reviews to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
Education / Certifications
Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must have GPA of 3.0.
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework.
- Must be willing to work 40 hours per week.
- US citizenship required
- Strong computer skills required.
- Must be quality focused, action oriented and have a strong drive for results.
- Able to interact and effectively execute on various actions within the development and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here