General Job Description:
Full-time position with the opportunity to change the world. The position will be for a Purchasing Manager.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Researching potential vendors.
- Auditing vendors to assure Smart Ag’s standards are met.
- Comparing and evaluating offers from suppliers.
- Managing project timelines, delivery dates and schedules.
- Negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing.
- Review quality of purchased products and vendor quality control processes.
- Maintain the supplier database with pertinent information.
- Ensure timeliness of purchased parts.
At Smart Ag your official title will be Purchasing Manager. In this position you will be responsible for procuring material that is essential for Smart Ag’s day to day operations ensuring that all parts and components are delivered on time and to the specified quality levels. You will research and evaluate vendors, negotiate contracts and be the liaison between Smart Ag and the supplier. Every day will be a new challenge and you will be counted on to contribute to the overall success of the company. At Smart Ag no one works alone, our culture demands that every person work closely with each other, regardless of domain. You will have the extremely important role keeping all records accurate, safe and organized. In a nutshell, if you are not an extremely passionate, organized and attentive person that cannot stand mediocrity, don’t bother applying. Every applicant will go through a 90-day evaluation period, if at the end of the 90 days you don’t think Smart Ag is for you or we don’t think you embody our culture we will part ways.
Requirements for success:
- Passion, drive and courage to change the world
- Highly proficient in English writing skills
- Excellent attention to details the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have 5+ years of experience purchasing electrical components
- You are a natural team player and team builder; Smart Ag uses open office environments to drive collaboration and teamwork
- Deep proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Odoo
- Deep rooted principles and moral codes that align with Smart Ag’s culture
- Experience with supplier audit procedures
- Experience participating ISO 9001 audits and compliance
- Experience with ruggedized off road electronics procedures
- Experience managing multiple electrical component suppliers
- Competency in negotiation and supplier collaboration
- Excellent verbal communication skills over the phone and in person
$70,000-$80,000 depending on experience and cultural fit.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and equity sharing is available.
For questions or to schedule an interview contact David Mehmen at 515-599-0346 and email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit page here: http://www.smart-ag.com/careers/