Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Successfully manage assigned programs through several significant milestones within program schedule and budget to optimize profit and meet growth objectives.
- Assume primary responsibility for program leadership, execution, and internal customer contact.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization as required to deliver program results and be responsive to internal and external customer needs.
- Maintain project files and supply necessary documentation to update or complete a project file. This documentation may include, but is not restricted to, engineering orders, compatibility reviews, work requests and others communicated to Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Manufacturing, Finance and Quality Assurance.
- Develop tools to increase the effectiveness of the Project Engineering team.
- Proactive cross collaboration of various Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) within the business unit and an action driven leader of an engaged core team will ensure program success.
- Success will be measured on achieving significant milestones on time and within budget for the projects assigned, peer evaluation, & external customer satisfaction via MFA surveys.
- Significant problem solving events shall be noted and reported on at the end of term.
Education / Certifications
Pursing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace of Computer/Software engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace of Computer/Software engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed 30 hours of college coursework
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Experience with Microsoft Project highly preferred.
- Ability to create Visual Basic macros in Microsoft Office products also highly preferred.
- Familiarity with solid modeling (Solidworks preferred), Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics a plus.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
- Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
View page here