Structural Engineer needed for the design of steel buildings. This position works with sales staff to engineer custom steel buildings to required specifications for use in agricultural, commercial and industrial applications. Engineer will coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacture.
Essential Job Requirements:
BS in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred. Preferred minimum 5 years of experience with metal building experience, PE registration. Knowledge of building codes, commodity building design concepts and floor systems design. Experience using MBS or other design modeling software preferred. MBS experience preferred.
Main Job Duties:
- Calculates loads and stresses on buildings and its components. Design the rigid frame columns/rafters, endwall rafters/columns, purlins, girts, etc. to determine most economical solution for the building.
- Works with sales staff to engineer buildings to the required specifications.
- Coordinate design to designer/drafter for final design and manufacturing.
- Assist with troubleshooting detailing, manufacturing, or real world issues with the building system.
- Check work to ensure accuracy of design limitations, code requirements, dimension and tolerance limitations, and conformance with Engineering Standards.
View page here
Ph: 641-892-4222 ext 308
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for applying with Sukup Manufacturing Company.
Those individuals that are selected for the interview process will be contacted directly.