Workiva has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Procurement Manager to build out and oversee our newly established procurement function. This is a role where you can make an immediate impact in our growing organization by guiding the vision of procurement and helping structure a team and the critical procurement processes. Those processes include leading and improving: sourcing, expense requisitioning, internal approvals, vendor contract management, vendor management and purchase orders. As Workiva experiences rapid growth, you will work closely with key members of the organization to build a more efficient procurement function utilizing best practices in the industry, executing competitive RFIs/RFPs and leading supplier price and contract negotiations.
What You’ll Do:
- You will implement and oversee best-in-class procurement processes.
- You will review vendor purchase requests and will assure required approvals are in place.
- You will provide holistic support in data management and global procurement needs including vendor contract management, purchase order processing and SOW assessments.
- You will review commercial terms of agreements on vendor contracts needed.
- You will perform initial assessment of contracts and collaborate with the following groups as needed: Information Security, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources and Legal.
- You will partner with internal stakeholders and vendors regarding end of contract/renewals.
- You will establish and maintain vendor relationships.
- You will lead the effort to make changes to Workiva’s purchasing policy in conjunction with our accounts payable and legal teams.
- You will provide vendor management with a variety of vendor types including contingent work, subscription based services, contract management, and travel & entertainment.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 5+ years previous experience managing a procurement related function; building a procurement function from scratch is preferred
- Procurement experience within a tech company highly preferred
- Experience managing procurement tools; SaaS or cloud-based procure-to-pay tools preferred
- Global procurement experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
Where You’ll Work:
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
- Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life