Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Printed Circuit Designer Intern (Part-time Fall/Spring 2019) to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking a Printed Circuit Designer. The ideal candidate will have experience with schematic capture and designing Printed Circuit Boards per engineering requirements. The candidate must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve independently.
- Prepare low to mid complexity PC Design layouts, revisions or CAD library symbols per verbal instructions, electrical inputs, existing hardware or engineering lab models.
- Assists engineering and manufacturing in the design, change, development, documentation and procurement of printed circuit boards. Establishes design standards and configuration
- Use and understanding of GD&T
- Completes the preparation of necessary technical documentation for the release or revision
- Hard Requirements:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
- The ideal candidate will possess:
- Understanding of Electronic Hardware design
- Familiarity with IPC standards for Design and Acceptance Criteria of Printed Circuit and/or Circuit Card Assembly levels, knowledge of Rockwell Collins Workmanship Standards a plus.
- Demonstrated technical problem solving aptitude
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong Customer Service orientation, to work with Design Engineering Customers
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work
- General ability to apply proper customer focused presence when interacting with internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with work assignments and support management’s policies and procedures
- Must have a passion for accuracy and customer service
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to continually learn new technologies and processes.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.